Conventus Europaeus Amicorum ad Cactus Succulentaque Coleda vzw, hereafter called ELK European Countries Conference, is strongly committed to protecting your personal data and to respecting your privacy. In this Privacy Declaration we inform you on the personal data we collect, for what purpose, for how long and what are your rights. The ELK always deals carefully with personal data and treats them in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How do we collect your personal data?
The ELK collects data in different ways. During the following processes you leave personal data with us:
- the reservation of a room at Corsendonk Duinse Polders or a stand at the plant sale;
- when delivering questions or remarks through the ELK website, e-mail, post or telephone;
- when consulting the website;
These personal data may contain:
- name and first name;
- date of birth;
- telephone number (fixed or cellular);
- payment data;
- IP address.
During the ELK event atmosphere (ambience) photos are taken. These may be published on the ELK website or ELK Facebook page. The persons concerned have a right to written objection.
What do we use your personal data for?
These data are kept and used for the following purposes:
- to help you personally with your reservation of a room at Corsendonk Duinse Polders or a place at the plant sale;
- to react quickly when a problem with your reservation occurs;
- to contact you with relation to refunding your reservation in case of cancellation;
- to keep you informed of the activities of the ELK or any changes;
- to give you practical information;
- to deal with your questions and remarks.
Distribution to third parties
In certain cases, when necessary for the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Declaration, personal data will be distributed to third parties. In this way we use a third party for:
- the reservations of rooms at Corsendonk Duinse Polders;
- web hosting;
For the rest none of the data provided by you will be distributed to third parties without your permission, unless this is legally obligated or permitted. It is for instance possible that in the frame of an investigation the police asks for personal data. In this case we are legally obliged to give this data.
The ELK saves personal data no longer than necessary for the purpose for which they are provided or as legally obliged. The ELK saves your data no longer than five years inactivity.
Your rights concerning your personal data
You have the right on inspection and the right on correction or deletion of the personal data that we received from you.
For questions, complaints or remarks on the use of your personal data, change of communication preferences or signing out for other products please contact the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or write to
Modification Privacy Declaration
The ELK can modify its Privacy Declaration. Any modification will be announced on the ELK website. The last change dates from 9 September 2018.